Tips for delivering valuable content in-store
Many physical shops often fall into the monotony of the usual marketing strategies. They have signs that have been in the same place for years, they always have the same decorations for Christmas, and they use messages that are outdated or irrelevant. But fundamentally they ignore the importance and criticality of personalising communications with valuable content.
Digitising physical shop content is undoubtedly a trend that is changing the way offline businesses interact with visitors and the way in which profits are made. That said, it is likely and understandable that when you start implementing this strategy there is uncertainty, you don't really know where to start, and as you move forward there will be some challenges to be solved along the way.
But it is certainly worth the effort: discovering which products or services are the right ones, and promoting them at the right time, increases the chances of generating sales, loyalty and differentiation from competitors, among many other benefits. Shall we start?
The keys to valuable content
Valuable content is content that offers information or entertainment in a unique, creative and relevant way. While broadcasting content of these characteristics in the physical space, it becomes especially effective for having the added bonus of doing so in a safe context for the company and at an optimal time that favours sales in the last mile.
Identify what to avoid in your content strategy:
- Show irrelevant content: that message that does not respond to any need, nor to any question of those who visit the business.
- Not being dynamic or eye-catching: communicating outdated messages, using cliché phrases, or being repetitive. Not encouraging interaction or exchange.
- Delivering messages at the wrong time: either late or early. For a message to have a positive effect, it is not enough just to say what we say, but it is vital that it is delivered at the precise moment when the receiver is ready to receive it.
3 issues to consider when planning valuable content:
- Objective: what metrics, what processes or KPIs we want to improve in the short, medium and long term.
- Audience: who are our customers, what are their problems and how could we offer innovative solutions and experiences that solve their needs while increasing revenue.
- Channels: betting on an omnichannel strategy to complement all media, whether digital and/or physical, in order to have coherence at all points of contact between the customer and our content; at the same time enriching each other and enhancing the shopping experience.
How to create valuable content efficiently?
Creating valuable content is a recurring task. The same customer has different needs over time. Sometimes they need a guide to help them opt for the perfect product. At other times they have questions and want to be advised to choose between one option or the other. At other times they want to interact directly with the products and services and take full control of the process.
If we think of this as happening with each of the different types of audiences, at different times, evolving, changing, increasing and decreasing. It seems clear that we need to consider not only what to consider when creating this valuable content, but how to do it in a scalable and efficient way.
The key: using the right technologies to add value to your content
Smart technologies exist to enable agile and effective digitisation of in-store content. They assist in the collection and analysis of massive data, enable the automation of processes, and increase the reach and quantity of our content. You just have to find the right one.
Deliver strategic, omni-channel content via Ladorian
Ladorian's intelligent software offers multiple solutions. Some of which are especially useful for making content succeed in your shop and business. How do we achieve this? We focus on various levels of data analysis, and various sources. We combine internal and external data, in real time, to automatically deliver the products or services customers need.
We achieve high-value, high-impact content by analysing psychological, social and consumer data of visitors, users or customers. We do this while preserving their anonymity and privacy. At the same time, we evaluate contextual data, such as weather or traffic information, which helps us to deliver it at the ideal time.
In addition our tool is easy to use and allows for expansion, from one platform it is possible to communicate on different channels. These include:
- Sound equipment
- Product labels or manuals
- Payment boxes
- Intelligent trolleys
Do you want to know more? Contact our sales team if you would like a demo or need more information, we will be happy to help you.